Monday, July 20, 2009

River Cities Tri in 2 weeks!

A year of training has led up to this, I am two weeks out from my "A" priority triathlon of the season. That does not mean that I'm going to put up a stellar performance, but it does mean that I will have a great day NO MATTER WHAT.

I have two friends coming in to town to race with me and somehow that relieves a lot of self imposed pressure to perform. Now it seems more like a social event than a race. I'm excited to see my friends and share the experience with them, not just to see what I can do.

Here are my projected times for the race:
800 m swim - 20 minutes
18 mile bike - a little over an hour
3 mile run - under 30 minutes, how much under depends on temperature

I had a really great brick workout on Saturday and ran very well off the bike. I tried running without socks to see how it felt. No blisters, so that means no socks for my race. That means about 30 seconds faster in transition.

This is my first real taper of the year and I am very curious to see how well I can swim, bike, run being rested. Everything else I have done this year I have trained through. That is one thing I love about triathlon, it is like a laboratory where you can study yourself. The experiment continues, I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment