Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Runniversary!


It's been a year since I started running regularly again, so I'm celebrating my first runniversary. Last June I met a friend to do a 5K and could not finish without walking. I was very humbled and even a little angry at myself. I was only 31 and it scared me a little that I couldn't run 3 miles without stopping anymore. So, I stopped "working out" and started training. I only like to race about once a month, but racing motivates me to continually strive to improve myself. Here are some "high lights" of the year:

June: 40 minute 5K
August: 38:53 5K
September: 32:00 5K
October: 29:58 5K (first sub 10 min. mile split)
November: 52:42 5 mile road race
January: duathon, first 9:22 pace
February: Simply Stu Worldwide Triathlon with son (see below)
March: 27:11 5K (PR) first sub 9 min. mile split
May: first organized triathlon in 10 years
June: 2nd tri of season

I've learned a lot, met lots of cool people, and gained some fitness. I can't wait to find out what the next year of running holds for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment