Sunday, June 28, 2009

6 Week Challenge - Week 1

Week 1 of my 6 Week Challenge is over. My diet was already full of fruits and vegetables, lean protein, and low fat dairy. I am allergic to wheat, so that already cuts out most junk food. I was putting honey in my tea and I cut that out this week. Also, I really watched my portions and made sure no extra sweets snuck in there. I had a little heavier than regular training week (about 8.5 hours this week), but felt pretty good.

I also read a couple of nutrition books from the library, but no surprise, I am already doing most of what I am supposed to do. I think patience and persistence are going to give me as good of results as I can genetically get. And I will be happy with that. As long as I know that I am doing the right things for my body, I am satisfied with the results.

Some uplifting things from the week were: I have completely stopped having sugar cravings after meals. My sister told me today that I look thin, then she called me a bad name, so I think she meant it. I got a new outfit for work that is very flattering and that makes me feel great. If JLo thinks she has the market cornered on curvy triathletes, she better think again!

No comments:

Post a Comment