Monday, December 14, 2009

First Week Back


Training for traithlon season 2010 is under way in rural LA! I was apprehensive after taking two weeks off, but no worries. I had a five mile run, a seven mile run, and a two mile run that all felt good. I rode the bike trainer twice and lifted weights. I won't start swimming until Feb. or March because the pool is so far away. My 7 mile run was faster than my last 7 miler in October, so that is encouraging. Maybe you can teach old legs a new speed. If not, I'm okay with that too. Any day that I am not in a hospital bed is a good day for me. I am signed up for a 10 mile trail run at the end of January. It still blows my mind that I can even sign up for a race like that. That just proves that with dedication and a little faith, anyone can be fit.

On a totally unrelated note, the picture above shows what the inside of my heart looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment