Monday, April 13, 2009

Training Adjustment

Hello, folks! I am on Spring Break this week so I should get this blog nice and updated. For now, just a quick note about my training. I am using Joe Friel's Triathlete's Training Bible (of course!) to create my training plan and it is basically set up for three weeks that build up in time and then one week that cuts way back on training time per cycle. For me, this is too many long weeks in a row. I have found that after two long weeks, I need a short week.

This week will be my easy week at the end of Base 2 and I have a plan for Base 3... I will do a long week, a medium week, another hard week, and then my easy week. We'll see how that goes. I may not get all of my workouts in because I am traveling again for work with a big group in a couple of weeks right when I come back, I am keeping my niece while my sister goes out of town for work. My first official tri of the season is on May 3rd. It is a really short sprint with 400 m swim, 11 mile bike and 2 mile run.

Here are my predictions (read wishes...) for that event. I want to swim 400 meters in about 8 minutes, but I will be happy with under 10 because I am not aggressive in a crowd. I would like to average 18 mph on the bike and run under 9 minute miles on the run. This will put me in about the middle of the pack based on older race results. For my first year back in the sport, I would be pretty happy with middle of the pack. I'll keep you posted!

P.S. Orlerr, I am working on an updated picture. I am usually the one behind the camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment