Saturday, March 14, 2009

Base 1 Training - Week 3

First of all, I am no expert and nothing I say should be paid any attention to. Consult your doctor before you begin an exercise program. Consult your mother when you want a babysitter. Consult your sister when you need someone to tell you if your butt looks big. Now that the disclaimers are out of the way, here is how my training is going...

Monday - This was an easy day - 30 minutes of strength training
Tuesday - 45 minutes of running speed work Just in case your forgot who you're dealing with here, speed is a relative term. For me it means sub-10 minute miles. 45 minutes easy spin on bike trainer.
Wednesday - 1 hour masters swim. People still nice. Felt smoother in the water this week.
Thursday - This is my really late day at work, so 1 hour strength training
Friday - Took off because it was raining and I had a date with my husband, who is lovely!
Saturday - I got up and ran 5 miles this morning and plan on a two hour bike ride this afternoon.
Sunday - The plan is 30 minutes of speed work and an hour of biking.

This is a heavy training week for me, but I feel really good. Next week will be an easy week, which is good because I am going out of town for work. At some point I need to build some quality miles on the bike on a good road, but I am not comfortable being on the highway by myself and live in a rural area where I have no bike buddies. Until then, I'll stick close to home on my little blacktop road.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's great that your training week was heavy but you came out of it feeling good.

    Also, thanks for your post on my blog the other day. I'm just now back in the blogospher after a couple days' hiatus.

    Here's to less carbs, more protein and a great tri season...!

    ReplyDelete