Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lost! Speed and Water Bottles

First of all, THANKS to the two people who read this and commented. That is all the motivation I need to keep writing! (I am easily encouraged...)

I rode outside today, it was 77*F and gorgeous. About 20 minutes into my ride, I wanted a drink and looked down to find my water bottled had fallen off. The cage on my bike is so funky that a regular bottle will not fit. (What is the sound of one hand clapping? What is the water bottle cage that will not hold a water bottle? I am not existential enough to answer these questions.) SO... I stuff two Fuel Belt bottles in there and go. It works on the trainer, but not so well outside. I spent most of the rest of my ride looking for them.

According to my bike computer, which is a little off, but not THAT off, I went about 10 miles in an hour. Apparently, the speed (this is a relative term) that I had built up in early January fell off my bike, too. Maybe I should keep looking for it on the side of the road.

1 comment: