Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sick this week, but better


I had some minor bug this week that made me run a low fever and feel bad for about 3 days. I feel better now, and that is the first time I have been sick in about 2 years so I am grateful. I did take 3 days off because I was running a fever. I just rested and I probably needed it.

Now, I am thinking about my Spring races that are just around the corner. On April 17 I will run my first 5K in awhile. Orlerr keeps telling me that I will run a sub-25 minute 5K, but I don't think it will happen this year. I do hope to beat my best time, which is 27:11. My base fitness is a lot better this year than it was last Spring, so it's a possibility. That race will be a test of how fast I am running right now.

In May there are two sprint triathlons that I plan to do and I am looking forward to those. My swimming so far this year has been about the speed that I left off with last year. I don't think I will improve my time much in a 400 m swim, but we'll see. I haven't ridden outside yet this year, but with the time change and the nicer weather I should get out sometime soon.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment